I'm a UX Designer, so these are my UX Designer tools.
(Also, there may be good things in Category: Behavior you want to read.)
- 1 User Experience Design
- 2 Accessibility
- 3 Animation
- 4 Color
- 5 Conferences
- 6 Content Strategy
- 7 Data Visualization
- 8 Design Containers and Components
- 9 Design Systems
- 10 Examples
- 11 Freelancing/Consulting
- 12 Gender issues in Design
- 13 Hilarious Gaffes and Humor
- 15 Navigation
- 16 Recruiting
- 17 Tools
- 18 Typography
- 19 User Behavior
- 20 User Research
User Experience Design
- Category: User Experience Design (UX) explains the definition and purpose of UX and the roles that fit into it
- Category: Design Principles explains the basic heuristics that shape design from a cognitive and gestalt point of view
- Category: Design Ethics explains how we can use the two above to not fuck up the world more than it already is and maybe even make it better
- Category: Work Ethics explains how we can be good healthy employees, managers, and independent workers
- An Interview with Andy Budd at Intercom, also known as the first place I saw the Minimum Viable Pizza.
- The ultimate guide to proper use of animation in UX by Taras Skytskyi aggregates a number of Design Principles regarding animation into one place.
- Building the Pencil Page by Jonnie Hallman explains what his thinking was and how he built Paper53's page on Pencil.
- Confs.tech is a full list of conferences in the tech industry.
See Category: Writing for writing-specific tools.
Conducting a Content Audit
- A Quick Guide to Spotting Graphics that Lie by National Geographic
- XKCD 1138: Heatmap points out you can lie with maps too.
- Duarte's Diagrammer library contains thousands of diagrams for Powerpoint (and inspiration for everything else).
- How to Make a Dashboard That Doesn't Suck by Dylan Wilbanks explains the mindset behind most dashboards at most organizations and how you can make one that's useful.
Design Containers and Components
- The Pause Clause by NGenWorks discusses an entry in their contracts that essentially says if the client is more than 10 days late with a deliverable, the project goes on hold until the client responds.
Gender issues in Design
- Dear Conference Organizers: You're Doing Chairs Wrong by Rose Eveleth at Motherboard discusses how not-thinking about femme-presenting speakers and conference presenters can cause major frustrations around skirts and microphones.
Hilarious Gaffes and Humor
- Reuters & its policy of replacing the terms "queen" & "the queen" with "Queen Elizabeth." by Dan Graur on Twitter
- Great Alternatives to Hamburger Menus by UX Planet lists a number of menu alternatives for global and local navigation when you don't want your mobile experience stuffed in a hamburger menu.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
Pages in category "Design"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.