I'm a UX Designer, so these are my UX Designer tools.
(Also, there may be good things in Category: Behavior you want to read.)
- 1 User Experience Design
- 2 Accessibility
- 3 Animation
- 4 Color
- 5 Conferences
- 6 Content Strategy
- 8 Data Visualization
- 9 Design Containers and Components
- 10 Design Systems
- 11 Examples
- 12 Freelancing/Consulting
- 13 Gender issues in Design
- 14 Navigation
- 15 Recruiting
- 16 Tools
- 17 Typography
- 18 User Behavior
- 19 User Research
User Experience Design
- Category: User Experience Design (UX) explains the definition and purpose of UX and the roles that fit into it
- Category: Design Principles explains the basic heuristics that shape design from a cognitive and gestalt point of view
- Category: Design Ethics explains how we can use the two above to not fuck up the world more than it already is and maybe even make it better
- Category: Work Ethocs explains how we can be good healthy employees, managers, and independent workers
- An Interview with Andy Budd at Intercom, also known as the first place I saw the Minimum Viable Pizza.
- The ultimate guide to proper use of animation in UX by Taras Skytskyi aggregates a number of Design Principles regarding animation into one place.
- Building the Pencil Page by Jonnie Hallman explains what his thinking was and how he built Paper53's page on Pencil.
- Does Your Language Shape How You Think? by Guy Deutscher in the New York Times magazine discusses, among other things, how languages that don't differentiate between green and blue result in people who have more trouble perceiving difference between them.
- Colour Assignment - Associations by Joe Hallock outlines different ways that we associate color with emotions and ideas, primarily from the view of an American / Western audience.
- The XKCD Color Survey Results is a sometimes-hilarious look at a survey on colors that the author of the XKCD comic did. It's very revealing about how we perceive color and how much (or how little) patience we have for thinking about it.
- Never use black outlines why #00000 should be banned from your color list.
- Confs.tech is a full list of conferences in the tech industry.
See Category: Writing for writing-specific tools.
- A Quick Guide to Spotting Graphics that Lie by National Geographic
- XKCD 1138: Heatmap points out you can lie with maps too.
- Duarte's Diagrammer library contains thousands of diagrams for Powerpoint (and inspiration for everything else).
- How to Make a Dashboard That Doesn't Suck by Dylan Wilbanks explains the mindset behind most dashboards at most organizations and how you can make one that's useful.
Design Containers and Components
- The Pause Clause by NGenWorks discusses an entry in their contracts that essentially says if the client is more than 10 days late with a deliverable, the project goes on hold until the client responds.
Gender issues in Design
- Dear Conference Organizers: You're Doing Chairs Wrong by Rose Eveleth at Motherboard discusses how not-thinking about femme-presenting speakers and conference presenters can cause major frustrations around skirts and microphones.
- Great Alternatives to Hamburger Menus by UX Planet lists a number of menu alternatives for global and local navigation when you don't want your mobile experience stuffed in a hamburger menu.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
Pages in category "Design"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.