Jump to navigation Jump to search
Asteroids, Meteors, and Comets
- Asteroid Fast Facts
- Asteroid impact avoidance on Wikipedia
- Bolide: an extremely bright meteor, especially one that explodes in the atmosphere
- How big does a meteor have to be to make it to the ground? Hint: Anywhere from dust on up
- How fast is a comet search results on Google
- Incoming! Meteor or Comet Fragment Explodes Above Southwestern US, Prompting US Army 'Missiles' Cover-up
- Meteor Smoke Makes Strange Clouds
- We Probably Wouldn't Even See A Doomsday Asteroid Until It Was Too Late
- The Willamette Meteorite
- How far can we see if unobstructed? Hint: usually 12 miles.
- The Atmosphere of the Earth on Wikipedia
Caves and Caving
- The Chesapeake Bay impact crater and the related boundary image
- Impact Craters Google Image Search
- Understanding the Impact Cratering Process: a Simple Approach
- Breccia: a rock composed of broken fragments of minerals or rock cemented together by a fine-grained matrix that can be similar to or different from the composition of the fragments. May be formed by an impact.
- Ringing Rocks of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (PDF)
- Granite: a common type of felsic intrusive igneous rock that is granular and phaneritic in texture. Used for countertops, among other things. Popular in Minecraft.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Science"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Science"
This category contains only the following file.
- Conservation of momentum.mp4 ; 720 KB