Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- Mummy Brown and Other Historical Colors outlines various colors and their history in roughly chronological order.
- Does Your Language Shape How You Think? by Guy Deutscher in the New York Times magazine discusses, among other things, how languages that don't differentiate between green and blue result in people who have more trouble perceiving difference between them.
- Colour Assignment - Associations by Joe Hallock outlines different ways that we associate color with emotions and ideas, primarily from the view of an American / Western audience.
- The XKCD Color Survey Results is a sometimes-hilarious look at a survey on colors that the author of the XKCD comic did. It's very revealing about how we perceive color and how much (or how little) patience we have for thinking about it.
- Gradients explains the different types of gradients and some of the reasons you’d use them.
- Never use black outlines why #00000 should be banned from your color list.
Color Palettes and Tools
- Hex-to-RGB and RGB-to-Hex are quick color converters
- Paletton makes building a color palette easier, especially since it includes colorblindness tools
- WebAIM Color Contrast Checker is there to make sure your colors have accessible levels of contrast.
- Colorbrewer: Accessible color advice for map makers gives you sets of colors that are accessibly contrasting for various map uses (and other uses).
This category currently contains no pages or media.