From perpendicular angel knowledgebase
Fuck carousels. Why? Read on.
- 22.7 million pixels of raw slideshow power by The Onion probably tells you just in the headline how pretentious most slideshows and carousels can be... but don't worry, they've got a slideshow to fill you in on the rest of that pretentiousness.
- Do you know how well your carousels are performing? Probably really well on Item 1 and like shit on all the other items.
- Rotating Banners: they are never a good idea by The Good provides a video look at what it would be like to shop at a store if it was designed like a carousel. Hint: it sucks.
- Should I use a carousel? No. by Jared Smith explains why carousels are bad using statistics and industry experts... in a carousel.
- Sliders suck and should be banned from your website by Michiel Heijmans on Yoast (an SEO optimization website)explains why carousels suck and hurt your SEO. (It also references one of the few good uses for a carousel: photos on a real estate website.)
- Rotating Website Carousels: 4 Alternatives That Drive Sales by Jon MacDonald
- 6 Design Alternatives to Avoid (Evil) Slideshows by Carie Fisher
If you have to use them
- Carousels by Brad Frost outlines how to know if you should be using one, when to use one, and how to do so responsibly.
- Why users aren't clicking your home page carousel explains how to improve a carousel's navigation
These are examples that I pulled from places I trust, like accessibility boards and such. I still don't think you should use them, but hey....