How to font
yes I did just verb that, live with it.
Like most design things, you need to start with what the intentions of the typography are -- what are its goals? what will it accomplish? In Typography can make or break your design: a process for choosing type, Jonathan Z. White recommends the following:
- Identify your purpose
- Identify your audience
- Look for inspiration
- Choose your fonts
- Determine font sizes
- Create a typographic style guide
In order to accomplish those goals, 5 Best Practices for Pairing Fonts recommends the following:
- Limit your font palette to (in most situations) 3 fonts
- Use contrast wherever possible to create a visual hierarchy
- Keep an eye on moods and history
- Understand your brand and know what you want to say
- Trust your gut
Parts of Letterforms
- Parts of Letterforms Typography (Google search results)
- 16 Pixels Font Size: For Body Copy; Anything Less Is A Costly Mistake by D. Bnonn Tennant at Smashing Magazine.
- Typography Tips for a More Comfortable Read by Luke Jones on the Invision Blog
Pages in category "Typography"
This category contains only the following page.