Check Category:Glossary for links to topic-specific dictionaries.
- 1 Agriculture and Field Dressing and such
- 2 Astronomy
- 3 Biology
- 4 Computer Science and Software Engineering
- 5 Demography
- 6 Earth Science
- 7 Engineering
- 8 Geology
- 9 Linguistics
- 10 Meta studies of science
- 11 Metallurgy
- 12 Physics
Agriculture and Field Dressing and such
Look, the moose hide article kind of broke the taxonomy.
- Average size and number of farms in 1900
- Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic! NOT KIDDING ABOUT THE GRAPHIC, FOLKS
- Moose Hide Tanning
- Timeline of Plant Evolution (Wikipedia)
- Invasive Plant Fact Sheets by the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation & Natural Resources
- Mycorrhiza on Wikipedia
A mycorrhiza (from Greek μύκης mýkēs, "fungus", and ῥίζα rhiza, "root"; pl. mycorrhizae, mycorrhiza or mycorrhizas) is a symbiotic association between a fungus and a plant.
- Soil-Dwelling Fungus Rode Joplin Tornado to Unexpected Human Home by Jennifer Frazer on Scientific American
- Category: Birds
- Category: Cephalopods
- Category: Sharks
- Category: Mammals
- Category: Reptiles
- Category: Invertebrates
Computer Science and Software Engineering
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- The Atmosphere of the Earth on Wikipedia
- Category:Climate Change
Caves and Caving
- Chart of earthquakes occurring in or affecting Pennsylvania
- Latest Earthquakes by the USGS (map)
- The Chesapeake Bay impact crater and the related boundary image
- Impact Craters Google Image Search
- Understanding the Impact Cratering Process: a Simple Approach
- Breccia: a rock composed of broken fragments of minerals or rock cemented together by a fine-grained matrix that can be similar to or different from the composition of the fragments. May be formed by an impact.
- Granite: a common type of felsic intrusive igneous rock that is granular and phaneritic in texture. Used for countertops, among other things. Popular in Minecraft.
- Geologic Publications and Data
- Pennsylvania Bluestone image search on Google
- Ringing Rocks of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (PDF)
- Rocks and Minerals of Pennsylvania (PDF)
- Virginia Minerals (PDF)
- Virginia mineral interactive map - from the Department of Mines, Minerals, and Energy.
- Virginia Minerals Rock Garden - from the Department of Mines, Minerals, and Energy.
- Six types of eruptions on Encyclopedia Britannica.
- Eruption at Indonesian volcano Krakatoa 11 April 2020.
- Reliable webcams of Indonesian volcanos
- Anak Krakatau: Lightning frenzy points to scale of volcanic plume from February 2020.
- Linguistics on Wikipedia
- A tour of the British isles in accents
- The surprising origin of the term 'you guys' by Allan Metcalf at Time
Meta studies of science
(science of studying science practice)
- Registering Studies Reduces Positive Outcomes by Steven Novella on NeuroLogica Blog. In other words, registering with the scientific community that you're going to run a study reduces positive outcomes because you're not as likely to pitch the results into a drawer if they don't come out the way you expected.
Copper can kill superbugs
Conservation of Momentum
Speed of Light
Grace Hopper explains how long a nanosecond of information traveling at the speed of light is.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Science"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Science"
This category contains only the following file.
- Conservation of momentum.mp4 11 s, 728x408; 720 KB