Jump to navigation Jump to search
Someday I'd love for this section to be irrelevant.
History (obviously incomplete)
- Was the Civil War about slavery? (Hint: YES)
- Black troops were welcome in Britain, but Jim Crow wasn’t: the race riot of one night in June 1943 by Alan Rice on The Conversation
- The invention of the white working class: The phrase of the year is racist hogwash by Les Leopold on Salon
- ‘White Working Class’ Narrative Is Nothing but a Racist Dog Whistle by Kirsten West Savali on The Root
A quick summary
Aamer Rahman on "reverse racism".
- Women and Minorities Are Penalized for Promoting Diversity by Stefanie K. Johnson and David R. Hekman on Harvard Business Review (HBR)
- They Pretend To Be Us While Pretending We Don't Exist by Jenny Zhang on Buzzfeed
- Black and Hispanic computer scientists have degrees from top universities, but don't get hired in tech by Elizabeth Weise and Jessica Guynn on USA Today
- The Subtle Linguistics of Polite White Supremacy by Yawo Brown on Medium
Setting it right
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice by Corinne Shutack on Medium
- Contradictions for White people in racial justice by Jen Winston on Instagram
- Diversity is a Dangerous Set-up by Dr. Chanda Prescod-Weinstein on Medium
- What You Can Do Right Now About Police Brutality by Ijeoma Oluo on Ravishly
- scientific way to train white people to stop being racist by Katherine Kirkinis & Sarah Birdsong on Quartz
- Curriculum for White Americans to Educate Themselves on Race and Racism–from Ferguson to Charleston by Jon Greenberg on Citizenship & Social Justice
- Five Stages of Unlearning Racism by Kronda Adair on her website.